- Eckerd College in St. Petersburg, Florida confered on Dr.
Andreas Schapowal on
May 22nd, 2004 the degree of Doctor of Science honoris causa for
his research and for his work as founder and president of the Swiss Academy
of Medicine and Ethics.
- SAME took part in the symposium "Safety and Risks of
April 20 - 21, 2004 in Lucerne. Andreas Schapowal MD PhD chaired the workshop
"Human health: medicine and nanobiotechnology" on
April 21. more
- The 4. Symposium Medicine and Ethics took place in Davos on June
The subject was psychosomatic medicine and it´s ethical implications.
- SAME Review
Jerome A. Singh´s remarkable paper American physicians and dual obligations
in the “war on terror” in BMC Medical Ethics is now freely accessible
at the following page: www.biomedcentral.com/1472-6939/4/4.
The full prepublications history of the manuscript, including Dr. Schapowal´s
and other reviewers´ reports is available at www.biomedcentral.com/1472-6939/4/4/prepup.
- LTC Andreas Schapowal MD was appointed as member of the teaching
staff of the ICMM Course on International Law of Armed Conflict for
Medical Officers and young Miltary Doctors, which takes place every
year in Spiez organised by the General Staff, Swiss Armed Forces. He
presented a lecture an Medical Ethics in Peace and in the Armed Conflict
which was published in the american journal Military Medicine. more...
- Andreas Schapowal MD, president SAME, was appointed member of the
ethics committee, European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology
- The Swiss Academy of Medicine and Ethics was present as a non governmental
organization at the Annual Meeting 2001 of the World Economic Forum
in Davos from January 25 30th, 2001.
Dr. Schapowal, President SAME and Forum Fellow, led a session on "The
mystery of Pain" on January 28th, 2001. The newest research on
the physiology of pain, psycho-neuro-immunological implications and
the aspect of spiritual health have been discussed as well as
- Foundation of the Swiss Academy of Medicine and Ethics (SAME) - see